Saturday, December 3, 2011

The 2nd ATC didn't come out as good as I'd hoped

But!!! Since it was an Artistically Challenged ATC, I can get away with it.
My swap partner reads a book a day, so I wanted to make it look like a book. She likes different shades of greens and listens to classical music, so I incorporated those ideas, it still didn't come out very artistic.  I sent it anyway since I already spent 2 hours on it...God I hope she likes it!!  This is actually the "copy" that I made to keep, I forgot to take a pic of hers before I sent it.  So hers will be a little bit nicer than this one.  I tore and distressed a piece of sheet music (my husband plays the Euphonium in a wind symphony), and die cut the music note, painted it with white acrylic, stamped it in black stazon and put a few coats of UTEE on it.  The "binding" of the book is some textured paper sprayed with Color wash sprays and then perfect pearls mist.  Anyway, I don't really draw, so my ATCs are more scrapbook style....



I need to go work on the summer trip scrapbook and get that guy finished!!!
Have a great day!
Candace

4 comments:

  1. Hello! I limped over here from swap-bot, the "gain more readers swap." Its always nice to meet a fellow Christian. I see you are a relatively new swapper, welcome! It looks like yooou just restarted blogging after a long haitus, so welcome back to the blogosphere. Your ATCs look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your atc's are so great! I would love to receive one of them! Isn't blogging so much fun!
    Kraftkj swapbot gain blog readers swap.a

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this one is lovely! We are often so critical of our own work. Great job!

    ReplyDelete