Monday, January 9, 2012

ATC Swap - Stained Glass

We were supposed to make an Artist Trading Card that looked like a stained glass window.

Ok, so I made the first one (the building) and I didn't like the way it came out.
SO I made the second one which I didn't love but it was better than the first, my partners will get 2 in this swap since.
I know 2 wrongs don't make a right, but by golly!! This one baffled me…

For the second one I ended up taking a punch and punched out a flower on glossy card stock, then cut up the flower into pieces, took each piece and dropped alcohol ink on each on in different colors (this caused some of the ink to "pool" at the edge of the piece which was good.  Then I pieced everything back together and used liquid pearls in silver as the "solder" in between the glass.  Then added glossy accents on one and crackle accents on the other to give it more of a glass look...it was more time consuming than it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment